“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?” -Matthew 7:11
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” -Psalm 46:1
Sometimes we may not feel worthy of asking God for help or to draw near to Him when we are in need. As believers we must remember our POSITION and not our CONDITION. As children of God we have entered into relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Read Esther 5:1-3: Esther had an urgent matter to discuss with the King. She had learned that an order had been signed to have all the Jews destroyed. Up until this moment Queen Esther’s nationality had remained a secret from everyone. However, her need was so urgent that she was willing to risk her life.
“On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the palace, in front of the king’s hall.” It was against the law for her to appear before the king and punishable unto death.
- Mankind could not enter the presence of God without the grace given to us through His son Jesus Christ. We have been made ready by His blood to enter in His presence.
- We can now stand in the inner courts of God’s presence with confidence.
- Being able to escape the wrath and penalty of our sins.
“The king was sitting on his royal throne in the hall, facing the entrance. 2 When he saw Queen Esther standing in the court, he was pleased with her and held out to her the gold scepter that was in his hand. So Esther approached and touched the tip of the scepter.”
- God like the King is sitting on His throne and ready to judge all.
- The King was pleased with her once he saw her. Why? Because they had a relationship. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by faith in Jesus Christ.
- Wow!! God in the same way extends His love and grace to us. All we have to do is accept and believe it is ours for the taking.
“3 Then the king asked, “What is it, Queen Esther? What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be given you.””
- God’s desire is that we draw near to him. He is ready and willing to meet our needs.
We must always remember that we need to maintain our relationship with God. Let’s not just come to Him when we need something, but daily draw near to Him. His word teaches us to get rid of those things that distance us from Him. His word is word with promise…
“O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!” –Deuteronomy 5:29
“Stay Encouraged. Stay in the Word” -Eunice Green