“The thought of running from my sin is painful.
I am continually running from what I desire the most.
Near it I find no true satisfaction, but I am continually drawn to it.
Running is not my instinct.
I remain captivated,
… entertaining every thought,
… contemplating from afar and
… plotting ways to get closer without compromising.
Before I know it… I am deceived by my thoughts,
… caught up by my emotions and
… captivated with every action thereafter.”
WERE WE CREATED & SET UP FOR FAILURE?
God created us for a purpose, but because of sin we lost sight of that purpose. When we come to know God, He opens our eyes to the truth and we are able to freely choose Christ. The freedom to love and serve willingly. His desire is for us to choose Him. The bible says that along with our temptation he gives us a way out. He never says it is a sin to be tempted, but wants us to be aware that when we are, that find the way out. We are not set up for failure. We demonstrate His great power within us when we over come our temptations!
WHERE DOES TEMPTATION COME FROM?
- Sin entered this world through one man… Romans 5:12-21
- Temptations come from our own lust and desires. Our own desires draw & attract us to do all sorts of things. God wants us not to give in to our desires, but to have self control.
HOW CAN WE KEEP FROM BEING TEMPTED?
We cannot! Gods word teaches us to be alert and be on the look out that we may not fall into temptation. Being tempted is not a sin. It is when we give into temptation we sin and therein lies the consequence of death.
God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows the sins we have committed, the ones we are struggling with now and the temptations that will come. The bible is filled with ways to overcome every temptation, sin and escape eternal separation from Him. Here are just a few:
- SET boundaries! Not physical ones, but spiritual ones. Build your borders that are impenetrable with God’s word daily by faith. His word allows us to remain aware of our weaknesses and how much we need Him.
- READ the bible daily! Get to know God better by building your relationship. Let Him talk to you through His word daily by meditating in it. Knowing God better allows us to walk in confidence and from one victory to the next.
- Just say NO! Recognize those things in your life that distance you from God and take the necessary steps to eliminate them from your life. Learn to just say, “NO!”… No to all those things that separate you from God. Then will then begin to see how He increases more & more in our lives.
Read Romans chapter 6 and learn how you have already been set free from sin! Lets start taking steps TODAY in the freedom we have in Christ Jesus!!
“Stay Encouraged. Stay in the Word” -Eunice Green