“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV)
“But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57 KJV)
A kaleidoscope is a circle of mirrors containing loose objects such as beads or pebbles and bits of glass. As the viewer looks into the one end, light entering the other end creates a colorful pattern, due to the reflection of the mirrors.
We Are the Loose Objects: We are all sinners. There is no one who is perfect & we all need a Savior.
- Romans 3:21-23 – “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
God Is the Viewer:
- Genesis 1:1-2 – “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
- Psalm 14:1-3 – “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
Jesus is the Light: it is because of Jesus that God is able to see a beautiful display of colorful patterns in the midst of darkness! God’s desire has always been for us to live in the light.
- Genesis 1:3-4 – “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.”
- John 8:12 – “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
- Matthew 5:14-16 – “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
God not only calls us from darkness into light, but He calls us out for a purpose… TO SHINE!!
Reflection: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” -2 Corinthians 3:18
- We reflect his image – Genesis 1:26
- We reflect his love/testimony – Ephesians 5:1-2
- We reflect his sacrifice – John 3:16
- We reflect his spirit – 2 Corinthians 3:16-18
The Spirit of God are the Mirrors: the Spirit of God is at work with in us to present us blameless to the throne of God. His desire is for us to reflect His glory!!
- Ephesians 5:27 – “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 – “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”
Among the Thirsty – I’d Need A Savior
“Stay Encouraged. Stay in the Word” -Eunice Green