Is God wanting to take you somewhere different in your life? Do you take one looks at your life and know you are not where He wants you to be? Maybe it’s a relationships, failure, or life’s unforgivable and unforgotten experiences. This type of clutch may not allow you to move forward in your life. How tight is your grip? God is already calling it your past. What do you see when you look back?
Sodom and Gomorrah was a place God had decided to destroy. The sin of the people was so great that there was no other option. Abraham pleaded with God to save the city, because he had relatives living there. Therefore, God sent angels to the city to warn and rescue Lot and his family.
- How many times have you had someone in your life give you advice, warn you or even tell you to change your ways? God sometimes sends people to our lives to warn us, some to pray for us and then we have the Holy Spirit.
- Sometimes you ignore the warning and blow it off. Like Lot’s sons-in law and stayed behind.
- You may hesitate because there is a strong attachment to stay where you are.
- Others may experience being dragged out by someone or some sudden event. In Lot’s case the angels grasped his hand, his wife’s and two daughters and took them to safety.
- Why do we look back?… contemplating those moments, the what if’s and memories of times past. Sometimes chapters of our lives come to a sudden end and we have to trust that it is for the best. We have to believe that God is taking us to a better place in our journey of faith. We have to press forward and look at what is ahead.
- Thank God today we have Gods grace that prevents us from turning into stone, but be careful when looking back. It can slow down your blessing or you may remain stagnant right where you are.
Make a choice today, to trust the changes that are happening in your life are for good. Seek God in the transition between chapters. It will take adjustments and it may even cause some pain, but those who persevere till the end will be saved. Don’t look back!! Don’t give up!!
One day you will be able to look back with gratitude. You will realize what you were delivered from and be content enjoying the blessings you walk in everyday.
“Stay encouraged & Stay in the word!” -Eunice Green